DEPARTMENT OF SINDHI
MS. Zahida Parveen Mari
Incharge, Department of Sindhi
The Department of Sindhi was established in the year of 1990. It offers B.S (Four –year program) and M.A Degree Courses. B.S (Four Year Program) and M.A Classes are conducted in the morning shift. Facility of Seminar Library is also available. Literary Meetings are organized regularly. The Department has published fifteen issues of Research Journal Bhittai including Tanveer Abbasi number and Shaikh Ayaz number. Thirty Eight scholars have been awarded degrees of M. Phil. Students are encouraged to be involved in research and literary activities. More than hundred monographs have been written on various literary topics, by the students. The Department provides research facilities to young scholars. This Department is actively involved to protect and promote the culture, language, literature and venerated tradition of Sindh, especially of Khairpur region. The Department is not only providing general education and literature but also moral education to the students for their character building.
- The Department is working for the promotion of art, culture, language and literature, which are the main
sources of social awareness and stability in the society.
- The Department of Sindhi is representing the Sindhi society, because literature is very important part of culture.
Culture is the main source of identity of any nation.
- Through literature, the Department is not only providing education to the students but teachers of the
Department are making efforts for the character building of the students also, because our society needs
committed and morally good persons for its proper development.
- This Department is centre of perpetual intellectual communication with Sindhi Society.
- To motivate people towards Sindhi language and Sindhi books.
- To work for the love, peace and harmony in society through mystic poetry of Sufi poets.
- To work for the promotion of Sindhi language, literature and culture.
- B.S (Four years)
- M.A (Two years)
Mrs. Zahida Parveen Mari
Mr. Muhammad Sajid Soomro
Department of Sindhi
Dr. Rahim Bux Mahar
Department of Sindhi
SCHEME OF STUDIES FOR B.S (FOUR YEARS) AND M.A (TWO YEARS) PROGRAM.