INSTITUTE OF GENDER STUDIES
Dr. Agha Nadia Pathan Incharge
The Institute of Gender Studies was established in 2013. The main objectives of the institute are to train the students and workers of this region in Gender Studies, to promote co-operation in inter-disciplinary relationship with others teaching/research departments and NGO establishment, and to arrange seminars and workshops in order to raise the awareness about gender and its implications. The institute offers multidisciplinary courses that explore the making and meaning of gender – femininity and masculinity across cultures and social formations.
Becoming a world-class institute in the field of gender studies and promoting the subject as a learning discipline in the remote areas.
- To enhance understanding of gender and how it is socially constructed
- To create an awareness about gender in the context of South Asia in general and Pakistan in particular
- To analyze critically the status of women in Pakistani society
- To evaluate development approaches worldwide and their effects on women
- To explore political and theoretical dimensions of feminist pedagogy
- BS (Four -Year)
- M.A Gender Studies (Two-Year)
- Diploma in Computer Skills (One-Year)
SCHEME OF STUDIES FOR BS (FOUR -YEAR) & M.A (TWO-YEAR)
Postgraduate Diploma in Computer Skill (PGD (CS)
Course Name: Postgraduate Diploma in Computer Science (PGD (CS)
PGD (CS) program is especially designed for professionals who would like to convert their career into computer science field. This program is unique since it is suitable for all disciplines. It provides sufficient conceptual/theoretical knowledge, and essential practical skills in key areas of computer science. The program has been specially developed in consultation with national and international experts from IT industry and academia. The program can be completed in one year and successful candidates could start a professional career.
SCHEME OF STUDIES FOR DIPLOMA IN COMPUTER SKILL (ONE-YEAR)