DEPARTMENT OF SOCIOLOGY
The Department of Sociology was established in 2006 with a vision to establish a Centre for teaching and research in Sociology. The main motive behind the setup of this department was to equip the new generation with the modern knowledge of Sociology and encourage debate and interrogation about the relationships between economic, political, social, spatial and cultural change.
The Department of Sociology aims to provide a conducive teaching and learning environment. We are committed to establish the discipline in the region of northern Sindh. We welcome the best graduate students from all over Pakistan. They join a community of several other students who are benefitted by the experiences of national and international graduates.
To empower the new generation through modern techniques of Sociology so that they can live amicably and peacefully.
- To prepare qualified human and professional recourse to be able to work in social policy formulation at the national
and regional level.
- To prepare students for work in a diverse society and equip them with the knowledge and skills essential to success
in institutions such as education, health, social welfare, housing, marketing and research.
- To prepare and implement the scientific research related to family problems, social policies, social work and applied
sociology at the national and regional level.
- M.A (Two-Year)
SCHEME OF STUDIES FOR M.A (TWO-YEAR)
M.A Final Optional Courses Carrying 60 Marks each
1. Globalizing Society
2. Industrial Sociology
3. Pakistani Society
4. Political Sociology
5. Quranic Sociology
6. Rural Sociology
7. Social Change
8. Social Problems of Pakistan
9. Sociology of Education
10. Sociology of Family and Marriage
11. Sociology of Health and Medicine
12. Sociology of Human Rights
13. Sociology of Knowledge
14. Sociology of Race and Ethic
15. Sociology of Religion
16. Sociology of Social Work
17. Urban Sociology and Human Ecology